If you’ve been concerned about air conditioning in Gretna, LA for as long as we have, then you’ll be at least semi-interested in heat pump technology. It hasn’t been around as long as regular air conditioners have, but it’s quickly becoming a household name that homeowners are starting to turn to. Especially in our area where our summers are long and our winters are mild, heat pumps are an exceptionally great choice for homes that need an all-year comfort system.
At this point, you’re probably wondering, “Alright, what’s the catch?” And you’re right to think that. When something sounds too good to be true, or like it’s a one-size-fits-all solution, then there’s usually something up.
Don’t worry, we’ll be brutally honest while reviewing this kind of system. We’ll tell you why a heat pump might be perfect for your home, and why it might not be.
Heat Pumps Aren’t Right for Everyone
We’d like to mention in this blog post that heat pumps aren’t for everyone. Especially for our northern neighbors, or for homeowners who live in areas where electricity is more expensive than natural gas or other fuel types. It’s with this transparency that we hope you understand we’re not trying to sell you a system or a service. Sure, we’d love for you to upgrade to a heat pump if it’s the right choice, but we understand homeowners who don’t think they need one.
Let’s take a look at the two sides of the argument. First we’ll cover some reasons why you should stick with a central air conditioner. Secondly, we’ll go into why upgrading to a heat pump could be a great move.
Reasons to Stay with a Central Air Conditioner
If you’ve been having a good time with your central air conditioner for years at a time, then there’s nothing wrong with continuing on the straight and narrow. Central air conditioners are great for the following reasons:
- You just need a cooling system upgrade. Don’t change things up too much if you don’t need to. Just upgrading to a new and higher efficiency central AC can be a perfect solution
- You’ve enjoyed having a central AC in the past. Don’t fix what isn’t broken, right? If your central AC has worked well before, then chances are a central AC will work in the future.
- You want the most affordable unit available. Central air conditioners are also some of the most affordable AC systems on the market, so that’s a great place to start for homeowners on a budget.
Reasons to Switch to a Heat Pump
Here are some reasons to upgrade to heat pump technology:
- You’re looking to replace your heater and air conditioner. Why not kill two birds with one stone and upgrade your heating and cooling system to one, all-year-round comfort system?
- You don’t have ductwork in your home. Ductless mini split systems are heat pumps that don’t rely on air ducts. They’re also heaters as well, so you’re really getting your money’s worth.
- Electricity is cheap and a heat pump is an efficient HVAC system. If you’re tired of the types of heaters available in your area, then a heat pump is a perfect system. It uses electricity which can often be a cheaper source of energy than natural gas or oil.
Call our pros at Natal’s HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical for heat pump services today. Service Honoring the Golden Rule!